Followers

Saturday, May 31, 2014

I challenged myself to write a post every day for a month...

Today I forgot.
I spent the day with my husband.
He's been gone for a long time in East Africa.

He came home yesterday.
He went to bed and slept for 13 hours straight.
It took him 2 days of flying to get home.

We stayed in bed until 1 pm today...
talking, connecting, catching up 
filling each other in on missed time.
Missed experiences.

We went for a walk down the Ascension Trail with the dog.
Then stopped for a bite,
watching the children play in the fountain.
It was lovely.

We walked home, uphill mostly.
It was gorgeous out.
We putted around the house, took a shower,
then went back to bed.

He's asleep.  I'm on the computer.
I lay here hearing him snore beside me.
I am content. 

No comments: