Followers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 11, 2011...





Yesterday was a very difficult day...











I awoke to the news of an 8.9 earthquake in Japan. Later that night I hugged our Japanese exchange student as she cried in my arms. She hasn't been able to reach her parents.

I whispered prayers of hope into her ear...


I said good-bye to Gage Alexander Dole. An incredible 9 year old boy who battled cancer for 6 years and was a friend to my son. We celebrated his life by dancing to his song.





And on my way home, I read that Danny Keagbine took his last breath with family and friends surrounding him. Danny was an inspiration to me as he endure much pain, but always smiled and never complained.

Danny's words to me..."Happy late birthday April. Hope ur day was awesome. Birthdays are a great thing! Celebrating one more year of the awesome gift of life."

Good-bye Danny.

And today is the one year anniversary of Lesly Magli Foster's journey into heaven.


"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And what is it to cease breathing but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered? Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then shall you begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

Kahlil Gibran

No comments: