Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Living with grief...


We walk through life not knowing when grief will hit us.


But it will.

After all, "Jesus wept."

Sometimes we don't even know it's there.

Grief comes in all shapes and sizes.

A lost dream...

A lost career...

A lost relationship...

Lost health...

The death of someone we love...

Someone we needed...


I just finished a 5 week class titled "Grief Release".


I learned I've been doing some things right as I've grieved over these last 6 years.


I discovered past losses I still need to process.


I was able to say good-bye to my family before childhood cancer.


Accepting my family now...


and what is...


I gained important tools to help me for future losses.



I discovered how to stay strong even as I minister to other

childhood cancer families.

Grief pierces a hole deep in our hearts, but with help and hard work...

the hole will heal.

It will forever be a scar made up of pain covered in

the Joy and Hope of God.


No comments: