Followers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Solitude...

I've discovered, is as much an essential to life as breathing. I seek it out periodically. Like an instrinct its craving speaks to my spirit and if possible I listen and follow.

I'm in solitude now, at this moment, as I write these words. I sought out this time after a full yet stressful holiday season. I sought out this isolation just after turning 50 years old. I sought out this time soon after we celebrated Josh, my 10 year old son, being 5 years cancer FREE! I didn't consciously know these events were coinciding until after I entered into my solitude.

Solitude is God's way of connecting. He always meets me. I have listened. I am open to Him. Coming to mind are words spoken by others, divine appointments, counselor's comments, scripture verses, memories, a recent sermon, a book and the beauty of creation. All colliding together, yet planned, somehow. Connected. I always try to enter into solitude in a place of abundant nature. A place where I can immerse myself into Him.

The tears flow freely. The healing happens and is sometimes sharp and painful, though needed. Vision comes. Direction and hope. Strength. And joy. During this solitude a change of season becomes clear. Finally peace.
Solitude...

"My beloved spoke and said to me: "Rise up, my love, my fair one and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land...Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away!"
Song of Solomon 2:10, 13

No comments: