Followers

Friday, January 4, 2008

TAKE JOY...

Recently I found these words, which I had discovered last year and saved. I should have posted them during our Christmas season, but having only just found them, I decided to post them NOW as the meaning is relevant anytime of year.

Again the subject has to do with JOY. If you have a moment, I would love to hear your thoughts about JOY...about this poem...please add your comments.

Thank you in advance.

"I SALUTE YOU!

There is nothing I can give you, which you have not;
but there is much, that, while I cannot give, you can take.

No heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today.
Take Heaven.

No peace lies in the future, which is not hidden in this present instant.
Take Peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet, within our reach, is joy.
Take Joy.

And so, at this Christmas time, I greet you, with the prayer that for you, now and forever, the day breaks and the shadows flee away."

From “With Christmas Greetings” from Greville MacDonald, son of novelist George MacDonald, and Mary MacDonald

No comments: