Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ode to My Jubilee

My Jubilee graduated from
Seattle Pacific University
Cum Laude
University Scholar
Ecology, BS
Zinza Edward Scholarship-
Shaw/Blakley Island Scholarship

I.AM.SO.PROUD

Jubilee started off as a music therapy major.
She stuck with it for one year,
deciding it just wasn't for her.

Changing majors is not for wimps.

She spent the next year searching for direction.
The problem with Jubilee is she's interested in so many things!

But her one big love won out,
Nature
plants, animals
the earth,
biology,
creation,
and how it all works together.
She jumped into her ecology classes like she does everything,
wholeheartedly.

Jubilee accomplished in two years what most people do in four!
And not only that, 
 she continued her University Scholar classes too.
"U Scholars is like a mini-masters degree" a friend told me.
And so she wrote a thesis about the research she did with deer on Blakley Island.

This weekend of celebrations:
of Ivy Cutting
 U Scholars open house,
Baccalaureate
and finally commencement 
was perfect.

We soaked in every second of joy,
wise words
meeting of professors,
hugs of friends,
music sung,
and love shared,
fully present and aware
of the beauty,
simplicity 
and reverence
of what she accomplished.

Jubilee is an amazing woman
with multitudes of gifts
and talents.
I don't know what the future holds for her.
But I do know,
I love her.

She is extraordinary.
I am so grateful God gave her to me
on April 10, 1992.





No comments: